Tuesday, April 5, 2016

essay analysis

Ricki Herrera
Professor Kufs
English 114 B                      
April 5th, 2016
Essay Revision Analysis

                  My second revision process to writing this essay started off with looking at all the comments and corrections that my peer made on my rough draft. I looked them over and decided if I wanted to use them or not. Some of the corrections they made I did not agree with, but some other corrections I did agree with and took it into consideration when I was revising my essay. A struggle I had on this essay was not having enough to write about and how short the essay was. I went through each paragraph slowly, sentence by sentence, and see how I could elaborate my sentences more. I then looked online again to add more analysis to to my essay. When revising my essays, I like to highlight all my “it’s” I do this because sometimes when using the word “it” people do not know what you’re talking about. Highlighting also shows me how much I actually used the word “it”. Also, I highlight the word “that” because just like “it” its better if I use another word. This is also another difficult thing because its hard for me to find other words to use. I also look at all my punctuations and look to see if I use the correct form of punctuation. I looked to make sure I had no contractions. Some of the sentences I wrote were pretty short, so I expanded them. I also looked through each paragraph to make sure that I did not go off topic. In my conclusion, paragraph I restated my thesis, and also put in a quote to close my essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment