Monday, February 29, 2016

March 1st Homework

Page 126
1. I think Dick's personal attributes that account for his success are honesty and bravery. I chose honesty and bravery because even though he did not get to where he wanted he still kept trying.
2. The prospect of earning more money made Dick more moral and upstanding because everything made him learn to appreciate what he had. It made him a better person because he started thinking of others by helping them out.
3. I think you can ordinarily tell when a businessman is genuinely a good human being because they stay humble and they do not brag about it. You can tell they are a good human being when they use there money for others besides themselves.
4. I think individuals like nick prosper in life because if you keep working at something even if you fail eventually something good will come out of it. My brother for example always tried to get a good job but nobody would ever hire him because of his background, he kept on pursuing at it and eventually he got a really good job.
Page 137
1. He makes reference with the white and blue collar world to show that no matter what class you are in cheating is everywhere.
2.  In the 1970s is when the market ideology began. This was the decade that witnessed the rising influence of conservative economic ideas. Before these changes corporate life was pretty laid back. By the 1980s  row social contract business was largely defunct.  Corporate leaders grew more intent on feathering  their own nest. In the late 1940s no executive in America made over half a million dollars a year in official compensation.
6. I feel like even though Dick had a lot of good attributes his honesty would not be a good one for this setting because you have to cheat people and I do not think he would be able to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment