Page 41
1. Money causes almost all of her unhappiness in her job. She does not get paid that much so that for sure is not making her happy. Because of her not getting paid enough she is not able to afford certain things.
2. Both meanings make sense because the way she is working for not that much which makes it not fun and like she is doing more than she needs to for nothing.
5. No, because in his argument he talks about that there is not that big of a problem in being poor but Ehrenreichs problem is that there is a problem because she is poor.
Page 57
1. In my opinion I do not think it would have made them more happy I think there problems were deeper than the money, I think she had a lot going on in her marriage and family that was the root of the problems.
3. I believe if he found more pay then it would take stress off the money issues which would maybe take some stress off their family issues.
7. The difficult problems are similar in both stories because they could not afford the things that they wanted which was causing a lot of problems in their lives. The big difference is that in "Twenty Grand" they could have became extremely rich if the wife did not sell the coin and that would have helped the family, in the other story she was on her own and did not have anyone to support.
No comments:
Post a Comment