Page 74
1. Elizabeth despair of formulating a precise definition of the middle class is because the numbers are rare, she used the mainstream Americans to define the middle class.
2. According to Warren, the increase in income for median earning families over the past generation has not improved the quality of life because families are spending there money more on their wants versus their needs.
3. I believe my family is medium class family, we are not rich, but we are able to take vacations when we want to and buy things that we want. I am basing this answer on what my parents make.
4. Warren does a good job at shedding light on my families circumstances because sometimes I feel that my family spends money on things we do not really need, although, my parents work very hard for everything they buy I still do no think that some things are as necessary.
5. Waren and Schor differ because Schor talks about the middle to upper class household and Waren talks about the more statistical side to it where as some families can not afford as much as other families.
Page 82
3. The example I find convincing is when it says "We may not trust god anymore, but we do trust cash". I think that this is convincing because today people depend so much on money to make them happy and live a good life. They are saying that money can buy us things to protect ourselves, without money we would have nothing.
4.I agree with this statement that money keeps us to busy to worry about death because we focus so much f our time on going to school to get a good education to have a good career, which gives us no time to think about things like death. There is to much going on in peoples lives like stress and pressure to have a good job to make good money to even thing about death.
No comments:
Post a Comment