Page 24 #1-3 #7-8
1. Back then it seemed as if people did not care as much for luxuries because in 1991 the percentage raised a lot. It seems as if the necessities like a good marriage is to as important today then it was before.
2. I think today you have to be extremely wealthy or rich to live the "good life ". I feel like also back then people would have rather gotten a job that they enjoyed rather than today people would rather get a job that pays high.
3. I think the chart is very clear because it shows that today society wants a lot of money to have more luxurious things.
7. I believe that the chart corroborate the findings of Davide Meyers because the hart shows that back then people had less luxuries but for the them it was still leading a good life. Now today luxuries are becoming more of a neccesity because that is what society is making of them.
8. A lot of people worry about the material things. And it is important to the economy that people buy things. If people only spend 50 percent on things the economy would not be stable.
Page 60 #1&5
1. I think the meaning for this ad is "being of value beyond any price". This represents that no matter the value it will make you happy. They are basically saying that money will not buy you happiness.
5. I think David Meyers may view it as money can not buy anyone happiness. Money can not buy you the emotion of loving someone. Not everyone needs the good life to be happy, it just depends how materialistic the person is.
No comments:
Post a Comment